What is FRAME Mentoring?
The FRAME Mentoring programme is designed and organised by INA with the support of EBU Academy, FIAT/IFTA and the FRAME Committee composed of European experts. For 6 months, you will be assisted by a mentor, a recognised European and international professional of the audiovisual archive sector. The objective: to help you develop your professional project and your career.
The mentoring programme includes:
- Monthly online exchanges with your mentor and other relevant experts, from June to December 2023
- Professional immersion for two weeks at INA or in your mentor’s organisation, during the autumn 2023
- Accreditation to the next FIAT/IFTA World Conference, which will be organised in Locarno (Switzerland) on 17-20 October 2023, which will offer you an overview of the latest trends in audiovisual archives and an opportunity to develop your network.
All expenses (flights, hotels, lunches) are 100% covered by the programme scholarship.
FRAME Mentoring is aimed at all junior professionals in the audiovisual heritage field with less than 5 years of experience (in the same or in a similar position), regardless of their age, nationality, position, or field of activity. The programme is primarily addressed to professionals involved in a project ongoing or to be launched soon. The mentee’s project could deal with (non-exhaustive list):
- Design and implementation of an archiving workflow
- Collect of audiovisual archives
- Preservation of audiovisual archives physical carriers
- Audiovisual and film restauration
- Digital archive management
- Digital archive long term preservation
- Management, notably of an audiovisual archives department
- Implementation of a database and definition of data models
- Rights management
- Research and scientific access and projects using audiovisual archives
- Educative access and projects using AV archives
- General audience access project using AV archives
- Production of audiovisual contents based on archives (film, documentary, digital and innovative contents)
- Post-disaster handling of collections
How to apply?
If you meet these criteria, you can submit your application and join the FRAME community! To apply, complete the application form before March 15th.
After this date, a jury will examine all applications received and select the two mentees. All applicants will be notified of the selection or not of their application.